In The News


Russia Alarmed by Lack of Deal with Iran on Nuclear Talks

Moscow is alarmed that no date or venue has been agreed for a new round of talks between global powers and Iran over Tehran’s nuclear program, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said Friday, January 11, Reuters reported. Iran said last week it had agreed to resume talks in January with six powers. But Ryabkov said there was no final agreement on a date or venue. “This alarms us, because the pause has dragged on,” Ryabkov, the Russian negotiator, said. “As a nation and a member of the ‘group of six’ we are working actively to find a solution.” Western diplomatic sources said on Friday that Iran has yet to respond to a proposal to hold a new round of talks next week with the six nations – the United States, France, Britain, China, Russia and Germany. There was no breakthrough in three rounds of talks since April 2012.